Detailed gardening calendar
July is one of the most active months for summer residents. The harvesting of vegetables for the winter is already in full swing, the berries are ripening and the harvest needs to be harvested in time, and how much more needs to be done! Where to start, how to do everything, especially when there are no assistants? Make a clear action plan, be sure to focus on the lunar calendar of the gardener and gardener for June 2021. The influence of the moon is obvious, so everything you do will be successful, bring the desired result.
Gardener’s calendar for July: the most necessary things
There is always a lot of work in the garden, consider the characteristics of the plants to give them exactly what they need in July. Work measuredly so that fatigue does not cause changes in plans.
- Water shrubs and trees. July is the hottest month, so you need to constantly monitor the soil moisture. Even drought-resistant crops need water, otherwise yields are significantly reduced. Watering rates depend on the age and type of plants.
- Feed berry bushes and trees. They begin to form flower buds that will form the basis of next year’s crop. Refuse to use nitrogen fertilizers, they are needed only in the spring. Plants need phosphorus, which is involved in the formation of buds and potassium, which helps the shoots to ripen for winter. Complex fertilizers, superphosphate, potash fertilizers, ash (potassium) and chicken manure (phosphorus) can be used as a source of trace elements.
- Protect berries and fruits from birds. To do this, you can use fishing nets, special nets that are sold in garden stores. New Year’s rain, hung on the tips of branches, will also help to scare away uninvited guests.
- Do a sanitary pruning. Weak and superfluous shoots only take away strength from fruit plants. Cut out branches growing inside the bush, any that show signs of disease, especially powdery mildew.
- Start foliar feeding, they are very effective, make it possible to quickly deliver nutrients to plant tissues. After 2-3 days, the effect is noticeable.
- Collect ripe berries and fruits in a timely manner. Don’t leave them for the birds to eat. When crumbling, the fruits become an ideal breeding ground for fungal diseases.
- Disinfect and, if necessary, sharpen the grafting tool so that it is fully ready for use. Check stocks of garden pitch and other items needed for work.
- Get vaccinated with a sleeping eye. This is probably the most budget-friendly way to grow a large garden. Be sure to first destroy all the weeds around the plant.
- Take care of the strawberries. Whiskers removal, mulching, feeding, treatment against diseases will benefit both ordinary and remontant varieties.
- At this time, start collecting pits of cherries, sweet cherries and other types of stone fruits for growing rootstocks or obtaining hybrids by crossing different varieties.
The gardener’s lunar calendar for July contains a list of favorable days for working with plants and household chores. Rest on the new moon, at this time the energy of the night star is minimal, all living things strive for peace.
10 most important things in the garden
It’s a hot time in the garden now, there’s a lot of work to do. Do not put off the most important under any circumstances, the result of the entire season depends on them.
- Water frequently in dry weather. The lack of moisture on hot days significantly slows down the growth of any vegetables.
- Harvest on time so that the vegetables do not overripe. If it doesn’t work out, recycle zucchini and overgrown cucumbers into caviar and winter salads.
- Stepson tomatoes. Extra shoots significantly reduce the yield, leave a stump of 2 cm so that the replacement shoot does not appear for a long time.
- Prevent pests from growing in the area. When you find the first specimens of the Colorado potato beetle, aphids, cruciferous fleas and other misfortunes, treat the affected and neighboring plants.
- Sow green manure in beds that have already been harvested. Until autumn, they will have time to grow well. After digging, the nutritional value and structure of the soil is significantly increased.
- Feed the plants, they grow quickly at high temperatures and frequent watering, the earth is depleted.
- Ventilate greenhouses and greenhouses to avoid burning plants. Without ventilation, the air temperature can be much higher than outside.
- Keep an eye on the humidity in the greenhouse, the condensate settling at night evaporates when the sun shines, this causes the appearance of fungal diseases. Water only under the root.
- Feed the cucumbers with green infusion and spraying on the leaf. Zelentsy will grow much faster.
- Conduct a health inspection of tomatoes. Remove all leaves with signs of disease, and at the same time stepchildren that were not noticed before.
The most necessary things in the flower garden
It doesn’t matter what kind of plants in your area, be it annuals, perennials or ornamental shrubs — they all need special care in the middle of summer.
- Collect flower seeds, this applies only to varietal plants, hybrids do not transfer their properties. In any case, the result can be unpredictable, bees carry pollen, which means that next year you can grow completely different flowers.
- Water only under the root, so as not to damage the delicate flower petals and not to crush the bushes. The best time to water is in the morning or evening.
- Keep weeds from growing, even under tall shrubs. Seeds scatter over a long distance.
- Feed the plants, flowering will be brighter. Use potassium-phosphorus fertilizers. Perennials and shrubs form buds at this time, and deficiency of these nutrients is especially dangerous for them.
- Spend sanitary pruning of roses, hydrangeas, spirea and other shrubs. A great time for a haircut in order to give the bushes an interesting shape.
- Carry out preventive treatment of roses against powdery mildew with a 1% solution of Bordeaux mixture.
- Check the acidity of the soil under hydrangeas, rhododendrons, and other acid soil lovers, especially if the leaves have begun to lose their bright color.
- Dig up perennial bulbs that have yellowed leaves for transplanting or winter storage.
- Remove wilted inflorescences, this provokes repeated flowering and the rapid development of the plant itself.
- Feed and mow the lawn. Use prolonged fertilizers. At this time, weeds are already clearly visible, be sure to remove them.
The lunar calendar of the gardener and gardener for June is advisory in nature. Of course, the work can be done on other days, but be sure to heed the advice on watering and cutting. If the ground is very dry and watering is discouraged in the lunar calendar, give the plants a moderate amount of water so they don’t get stressed.